The day has finally come and the legendary Becky Higgins, brainchild of Project Life and simplifying the whole scrapbooking and memory keeping process, has finally made public the new awesome changes to the core kits that are currently being reprinted. I have been bursting to share this good news with you and now that it’s officially announced, here’s the latest scoop.
Becky has put up a little video to show you the behind-the-scenes manufacturing process of the Core kits, which will now be manufactured in the good ol’ USofA. You can check out her blog here: http://www.beckyhiggins.com/blog/2012/05/big-announcement-about-project-life-core-kits/ and the video here:
In summary, the major changes are:
1. Core Kit is now a flat box – measuring approximately approximately 12.25″ x 11.25″ x 1.75″ and the cards are placed flat inside a divided plastic tray that is very, very slick. Every part of the packaging is recyclable. Very cool. Excellent for keeping the cards organised while working on Project Life throughout the year.
Here are some screen caps from the video itself:
2. There will be a reprint of all 5 editions of Project Life: Cobalt, Clementine, Amber, Turquoise, as well as the Original Edition which now has a real name: The Cherry Edition.
3. The paper weight is the same, but the paper is better and the printing is better and the graphics are cleaner and brighter and detail shows up better. Overall much better quality, which is the main reason Becky made the switch to USA.
4. Each Core Kit will now have 500 Journaling Cards and the back of every journaling card is a filler design. This allows for so much more versatility for the end user, instead of having separately printed filler design cards. Very cool. This will certainly take the headache out of figuring out the orientation of the cards.
5 Each Core Kit will now have 40 Bi-fold Cards (instead of the current 24).
6. Each Core Kit Title Card will now have a vertical version on the back. Exact same art but flipped on its side. This is super exciting, making it completely flexible for the user to have that title card be in the orientation of their choice, based on whatever Photo Pocket Page they want to use.
What all this means is overall better quality and convenience for all of us. Hurray.
BUT (there’s almost always a “but” in most good news)… what this means is that the core kits are taking a little longer to produce than Becky had earlier anticipated.
The new date that we are now given is late June to early July 2012. Given that production is already underway, we hope that this will soon be a reality. I know this is quite a bummer, but given the awesome quality of the stuff that she’s coming up with, it will be well worth the wait!
We promise to update you once we hear any further updates.
Lots of love,